Thursday, May 5, 2011

An Elopement and Some Pics

I feel like it has been a while since I had time to post or blog! I will blame it on a combination of having a different work schedule this week and also finally having some beautiful weather to enjoy!

Well, my sister that I referenced a few weeks ago continues to have more drama. She broke off her engagement and got back together with her fiance several more times. Then, a week ago, she told my mom that she was going to run some "errands". My mom had a suspicion that my sister was lying, so she decided to search her room. Good thing she did, because she ended up getting married! My mom found a letter which basically informed the family that she had eloped. When my sister came home that night, my mom asked her about it, but she totally denied it. Finally, my mom got her to admit that they had gotten married the next day, but only because my sister was packing up her stuff to move out. I am glad that hopefully this will make things a little easier for my family and decrease some of the drama, but another part of me worries that this is just the beginning. Only time will tell...

Earlier this week, I invited my sister, mom, and MIL to come with J and me to enjoy something called the "Tulip Festival" which is held every year at a place near us called Thanksgiving Point Gardens. The flowers were beautiful, and everyone had a great time. I loved watching J, because he seemed so interested by everything. He was fascinated by the flowers and the bright colors, and I was able to get some really nice pictures.




9 comments:

  1. I love the picture of J with his tounge sticking out. He just keeps getting cuter.

    Have you started making headway on the nursery?

    22 weeks. WWWWOOOOOOO HOOOOOOO!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. He is so adorable! Great pictures!


    Sorry for this sister drama.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope the family drama cools down for awhile. It's no fun having to deal with that kind of crap...

    I am so jealous of the tulip festival. Tulips are my absolute favorite flower and the ones in your pics are gorgeous. Speaking of gorgeous, that little boy of yours is also quite the looker!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous pics! Hope this is a positive step for your sis-time will tell...bump pics soon please! Xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful pictures! My, how he has grown!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I had a really big smile last night and thought of you. I was trying to reach for something over the counter and my stomach got in the way. You came to mind, this is going to be you in about 10 weeks. I love that you get to have that moment of reaching for something that you used to be able to reach is now hard to get with Jumper taking up real estate in your womb. I am just so blessed that I follow your blog and in some small way sharing your journey while you build your family.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful flowers! I wish we could grow tulips here. I really miss them.

    Hope the sister drama cools down.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful photos- such a cutie!

    whoa! your sis is married! wow...hope this is the end of the drama

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is so stupid she wouldn't admit to getting married... I really hope the drama does chill out.

    I LOVE TULIPS!!! There is a Tulip Festival in the NW corner of Washington, I remember growing up and seeing their posters every spring *nostalgic smile* Glad you got some quality time with your little guy and family!

    ReplyDelete