On Sunday, DH and I had the adoption talk. I told him that I didn't want to stop TTC on our own and I hadn't given up hope of having biological children, but that I also wanted to explore the adoption option. He was initially very resistant, saying that it was too soon and he didn't want to "put his name in that basket" just yet. He also said that he thought we couldn't afford adoption, but then I reminded him that our insurance will actually contribute much more towards adoption expenses than infertility. We talked about it a lot more yesterday, and we decided that we will tentatively look into it. Meaning, we are planning on attending an orientation-type meeting at the agency we know we would want to use.
So, this is my plan:
- I am still working on getting the insurance to cover the chromosome testing. We are filing an appeal this week, but who knows how long it will take to get that to go through.
- While we are waiting on the insurance, my RE is letting my try Clomid this cycle. This will be my first cycle on Clomid. Any advice, suggestions, or warnings???
- I will call the agency and see when the next meeting will be.
I am feeling pretty good about things this month. I am hoping that maybe the Clomid will do the trick for us this month (or maybe just a miracle will happen). If not, I still feel like we are heading in the right direction!