Saturday, October 16, 2010

Catching Up

I feel like I have been SO far out of the blogging loop during the past week or so. Work has been crazy busy, so I haven't had time to blog during lunch, and when I get home, the last thing I want to do is sit in front of a computer screen.

Anyway, I guess I don't have too much to say, other than just a few mini updates from my last post. I decided to give my OB another try. I called to schedule an appointment, and she is booked out until APRIL! I made an appointment, but I guess that gives me plenty of time to change my mind between now and then. As for the shower, if it gets brought up again, I think that I am going to say that I would like to hold off, at least for now. I am slowly starting to put together a "grab and go" bag of sorts, just in case we got a call with no notice, but I just don't want to do the shower yet. I figure that the bag would hopefully be enough in the event that we had little/no notice. Today, I bought the first thing for my bag...the diaper bag itself! I went to this baby store by my house that was having a big sale, and I found a Bumble bag that I loved for 40% off.

Lately, I have been having one of those times when I feel like there are babies EVERYWHERE...and not just pg girls and new babies, but stories about people adopting. I think that part of it is because I have started being a lot more open with people besides family and friends about our adoption plans, so that inevitably opens the door for people to say things like "Oh, this person I know just adopted a baby last week". On one hand it is good, because obviously those people desperately want a baby of their own and it means that adoptions are happening, but I want it to be my profile that is the one being looked at and chosen.

Anyway, that is all I have for now. Not much of anything too interesting, but I suppose that is okay. Hopefully tomorrow I will have a chance to get caught up on everyone else's blogs.

2 comments:

  1. I know what you mean about being out of the loop, I feel like I'm constantly playing catch up. The Bumble bag sounds cute and even better to get it on sale.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been out of the loop for months...I keep trying to get back in, but just don't have much to say.

    I can't wait to see your bag. Our small group gave us a couple baskets of baby stuff after our home study was approved for a moment such as the one you described. They also gave us money for a car seat. We have lots of cute baby stuff just in case we get a call at the last minute that will get us through for several days. I didn't want a shower until our baby is home. I found my Vera Bradley diaper bag for 40% off also and snatched it up. It's fun to look at baby stuff and get some of the things we know we'll need. :)

    ReplyDelete