Sunday, July 18, 2010

I Survived the Shower!

Well, I survived the shower yesterday...and I must admit that I had a good time! I think that what helped the most was the fact that my friend that was hosting it with me has also had a loss - her baby would actually be due right around the same time as our friend's that was having the shower. Anyway, it was nice to be there to support L, but also nice to be busy keeping things going, overseeing food, and also having people to talk to. I saw a few friends that I hadn't seen in a while, and it was kind of funny because I could tell that a few of them were trying to find a polite way to ask about TTC, but just couldn't get it out. For example, one friend that was there had a baby in December, and I have only seen her once or twice since then. She kept asking how things were going or if I had anything new/exciting going on. I just kept saying that everything was good, but I had nothing to share. Maybe I should have shared the adoption news, but she could have read it on my blog...

Anyway, after the shower I went with a couple of my friends to get pedicures and frozen yogurt. It was so nice to just spend an afternoon with the girls. Most of our good friends live about thirty minutes or so away from us. So, even though we see them pretty regularly, it isn't very often that I get to go spend an afternoon with the girls. It was so relaxing and just what I needed. It also reminded me how much I miss living close to friends.

Also - with the family blog. I did receive an e-mail from a friend (who has also been dealing with IF) saying that she is super excited for our decision and is very supportive of us. I also told a few friends who already knew that we were pursuing adoption about our progress, and they have all been super excited for us as well. I just think that maybe the friends that were most likely to leave a comment on the blog either hadn't read it yet or maybe wanted to give something more than a comment. And maybe everyone else just doesn't know what to say??? I guess what matters is that I know our family and close friends are happy for us and are very supportive.

5 comments:

  1. I am so glad to hear the shower went well and that it ended up being a good day for you :) sometimes the fear of something is worse than the actuality if it....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so glad you had such a wonderful day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad you survived the shower and even had a good time :-). The afternoon of fro you and pedis also sounds lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great work on surviving the shower and taking some time for yourself! I understand you not wanting to discuss TTC with your friend and I think that's OK! Sometimes you need a bit of time & space. Thanks for your sweet comment on my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm happy everyone has been supportive - its very important :)

    i'm also glad the shower went well. i hosted a baby shower in february and it was very difficult. kudos to you for being able to put your feelings aside and do that for your friend. you are a good friend :)

    ReplyDelete