Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Random Thoughts

I feel like I haven't been the best blogger lately. I think it is probably a combination of not really having anything new to say, but also just being tired and not being online as much.

Things are still going well with the pregnancy. My biggest complaint right now is being tired, but that is definitely manageable. I can't believe that I am almost to 17 weeks! In some ways it seems like time has gone by slowly, but in others, I feel like it is going so fast! I know that September will be here before I know it. I don't think that it has completely kicked in yet that I am pregnant. I thought that it would once I started to get a belly or tell people, but it still seems surreal. Maybe once we find out what we are having or I feel the baby move regularly? Or once I really have to stop wearing my normal clothes? I am so grateful for this opportunity and I want to just soak it in and take advantage of it, but that is easier said than done when it doesn't even feel completely real. Maybe that sounds crazy, but that is my experience right now.

In other happenings, I am having a really hard time with one of my sisters right now. I have posted about her before...you can check them out here and here. Long story short, my sister (K) has a long history of being manipulative, lying, and stealing from my family. She has some mental health issues which are a huge contributor to these problems. She was engaged, but her fiance broke it off last week - most likely due to her lying and some other issues. Don't get me wrong, I am SO glad that she is not getting married; she just isn't ready at all, but I hate how my parents are responding. She has been able to manipulate the situation and take advantage of my parents. K's fiance had bought her a cell phone, car, and a puppy, and he took back all three once the wedding was off. I hate seeing how my parents (especially my mom) are willing to drop everything so that she has what she "needs", even though there are several very good reasons they had restricted those things before she even got engaged! I hate hearing how frustrated my siblings are that live at home because of what K puts them through. For example, my younger brother repeatedly asks me if he can move in with us, even if it means sleeping in our unfinished basement! Basically, I am just sick of seeing my family be taken advantage of because they can't tell K "no". I feel bad because I am the sibling that K gets along with best, but I am at the point of not even wanting to go to my family's house for fear that I will say something I will regret. I don't know what to do about the situation and I am not expecting anyone else to know either; I just needed a place to vent without having to worry about upsetting my family.

4 comments:

  1. Pregnancy STILL feels too good to be true for me at 31 weeks! I'm soaking in every movement I feel and every moment, but it's too big of a miracle for me to really comprehend. hooray for 16 weeks.

    I'm sorry about your sister and how much she is hurting your family. that would be so hard to watch. it sounds like she really needs to grow up and learn some accountability and that's never going to happen if your parents keep letting her walk all of them :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so sorry that your sister is causing so much turmoil in your family. That must be really difficult for all of you. (((Hugs)))

    ReplyDelete
  3. I remember your previous tales about your sister, ugh how awful. Especially your poor brother. Wow 17 weeks! When is your anatomy scan? Take care xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. sorry to hear about the family drama. that's tough. glad little J is doing well. and that baby Jumper is also doing well.

    ReplyDelete