Yesterday I decided to call my primary care doctor and take her up on her offer for an u/s. My pelvic pain was back - not the worst it has ever been - but still bothering me. I figured that I might as well try - my insurance should pay for it 100%, especially since it is the primary care doctor ordering it for pelvic pain and not the RE ordering it for IF.
My doctor wasn't in the office yesterday, so her nurse called me back this morning and said that they wanted to schedule me for an u/s. Of course, the pain is super minor and practically non-existent today. But, since they were able to get me in at 10:45 this morning, I decided to go have the u/s. done. I guess everything went okay...there were two techs and I asked them if they saw anything, and all they would say is that they don't interpret the results; the radiologist will and then I will get a call from my doctor today or Monday. I know it has to be the radiologist that gives the final interpretation, but wouldn't they know if there was something abnormal or if everything looks okay? One of the techs did ask me where I was in my cycle...not sure if that was because she saw any cysts or if she just wondered if I was having O pain or menstrual cramping or something.
So, we'll see what happens. Regardless, I will be able to take the results with me to the RE next week. Hopefully whatever the u/s shows will lead us in the right direction.