Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Confusing Clomid

So, I thought one of the benefits of taking Clomid is that it is supposed to make your cycles be more regular??? Here I am on CD 17 and feeling super confused. Last week at the u/s, the RE said that it looked like I was Oing or about to O. I thought that was great news! I was having some O pain plus some EWCM. The only concern I had was that I hadn't gotten a peak on my CBEFM. DH and I made sure that we BD and thought that all was good. Fast forward to today, and I still haven't gotten a peak, I haven't seen a consistent temperature rise, I am having some slight O pains, plus I have more EWCM than I did on CD 12!!! WTF!?! I don't know if I should just assume that I did O based on the RE's assessment, or is my body just confused and messed up? If I haven't O'd, I don't want to stop BD and risk missing it, but at the same time, I don't want to keep scheduling it if it isn't necessary. I know that we have to keep BD until I am sure one way or the other, but still...

3 comments:

  1. I know that Clomid usually dries up the CM, so you can't go by that. I would take the RE's word for it bc they are actually measuring your follicle size. Some women, though, O more than once a cycle. Maybe you're one of them ??? If you BD'ed when the doc told you to, I'd say you're fine. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Clomid can make you O late too. A lot of women don't O with it until cd19 but your ultrasound should have been pretty accurate.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ick, don't trust the Clomid. It usually makes you ovulate later than normal. And it just makes you crazy. Sorry it's so confusing. Good luck!!

    ReplyDelete