Monday, April 19, 2010

Help me Decide

When I found out that my good friend L was KU, I decided that I wanted to make her a baby blanket. I have found that making a blanket/similar item for friends who are KU makes it a little easier to deal with my lack of children.

Anyway...I originally found a pattern for a rag quilt to make for L. The only problem is that all of the fabric that I like is quite expensive...meaning this blanket would cost much more than I am willing to spend on her. Other options that I have thought of are to crochet a baby blanket, just make a receiving blanket or bibs, or buy something from her registry. I just can't decide what to do...part of me is leaning towards crocheting a blanket, part of me thinks I should find another pattern, and another part says to just do something more simple.

If you have any ideas or want to help me with my decision, check out my poll or leave a comment. I would love to get some feedback!

7 comments:

  1. I love the crochet blanket I got for my daughter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe do a smaller rag quilt? My BIL's ex made me one for the little guy I babysit and I loooove it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would do something more simple like the receiving blanket because you need to keep your money for any medical bills you have coming up in this journey, I'm sure your friend wouldn't mind. My second choice would be the gift registry, because it takes the stress out of finding the time to do this.
    love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think one of the 1st 3 options, ie something you make. 'Cuz making something feels like an achievement, is a good distraction, and will be that much more personal and nice.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello! I've had a very similar experience to you. Started trying in October of 08, got pg in December and miscarried in January 09. You are a MUCH better person than me. I would take the easy way out and purchase a gift from the registry and have it delivered. I hope to get over that some day and attend a baby shower again. You're a selfless person for even considering making a homemade gift!

    ReplyDelete
  6. ICLW!!! I have made a number of baby blankets, and sweaters, for my friends' babies....I'm not sure it helps me, but I do it anyway. I buy giant balls of cheap synthetic yarn and get a lot out of them. Check out this site: http://www.crochetpatterncentral.com/directory/baby_selection.php for nice easy ideas!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I usually take the easy route and purchase a gift from their registry online and have it sent to them. Although my step sister and SIL are both pregnant and I decided to try and make a blanket...I didn't get very far before I gave up.

    Happy ICLW!

    ReplyDelete