Thursday, April 8, 2010

Good News!!!

When I got to work this morning, I saw that I had an e-mail from the genetic counselor we have been working with. She told us that she was able to get the chromosome testing approved!!! I guess the problem is that there is only one doctor on the review committee that is really familiar with genetic testing and why someone in our situation would need it. So, she scheduled the appeal when she knew he would be there, which resulted in our approval! I am just waiting for her to fax the order to the lab, and then I can go get the testing done. The results will take about three weeks to get, but at least then we will know either way.

As a reminder...My RE recommended that I get tested for a chromosome balance translocation because it runs in my family. My mom has it, and she had eight m/c (although she was able to have five kids). If I have it, there is a good chance that some of my eggs would be affected so badly that it would not be compatible with life. He said that any pg would have a 2/3 chance of m/c. So, if we do have it, he is recommending we go straight to IVF. I am keeping my fingers crossed that the testing comes out all clear. The RE said that he would guess there is a greater than 10% chance that I have it, so I guess the odds are hopefully in my favor that everything comes back okay.

In other news...tomorrow is my first monitoring appointment. I am a little nervous. I wish that there was a way to already know that the Clomid is working - like I could feel my follies growing or something. I have had a few O-type twinges, so hopefully things will go well at tomorrow's appointment!

1 comment:

  1. That's great news the testing got approved, finally!!! I'll be praying for positive results! And good luck at monitoring today...can't wait to hear all about it!! Thinking of you!

    ReplyDelete