Sunday, December 27, 2009

Christmas Weekend

I can't believe that Christmas is gone already! Time flies!

I decided to take Christmas Eve off of work. I was really looking forward to having the house to myself and being able to do what I wanted to do. My day was pretty low-key...I did some housework and watched TV until DH came home from work (he got off at 2:00). Later, we headed over to my parent's house to spend the night with them. My family has had a tradition for as long as I can remember where we drive around after dinner to look at the neighborhood Christmas lights. It is such a simple tradition, but I always look forward to it. After that, we read a Christmas book and played some games before everyone headed for bed.

At this point, I recalled that I had a peak on my CBEFM that morning and still had EWCM. DH and I had BD the night before, so I was trying to decide whether I thought it was okay to let things go for another day or if we needed to BD again. I decided to error on the side of caution and convinced DH that we needed to BD again...in the family room AT MY PARENT'S HOUSE! Never in a million years did I think that I would be BD at my parent's house...it was kind of weird, but also kind of fun to be so sneaky!

We spent Christmas morning with my family. DH spoiled me this year...he gave me a new wool coat, a gift card to go to the spa, a cook book, Jazz basketball tickets, and a license plate cover. After we finished up at my parent's house, we went over to visit my MIL. Things were going great over there until DH's brother and his wife arrived with their baby (my niece and my MIL's only grandchild). MIL proceeded to give my niece tons of gifts (which I expected and am TOTALLY fine with), but then started talking about how she has to spoil my niece because she doesn't have any other grandkids, how she would really appreciate having some more, yadda yadda yadda. DH and I kept making comments about how we are "working on it" , but really? Why would she even make comments like that? She knows that we had a m/c, have been TTC for a long time, and that we have started undergoing fertility testing. It's not like we have been sitting around and not being proactive about starting a family. Needless to say, I left her house in a less than cheerful mood. It can be so hard pretending that it is easy being around babies and pg women, and as I have said before, this Christmas has been especially hard.

After we were done at my mil's house, we headed over to DH's grandma's house to see her and DH's dad. Once again, my niece got pretty spoiled, but at least there were no comments as to why there was only one grandchild to spoil. Also, my FIL and his wife gave me a new Coach bag, so I left that family gathering in a better mood.

After that, DH and I decided to head home. We were both exhausted and ready to relax. We watched a movie, then just decided to go to bed.

All in all, it was a very fun Christmas! I just hope that by Christmas next year, I have been able to fulfill my MIL's wish!!!

1 comment:

  1. Holidays can be really stressful, especially when you know you are missing something. I am glad that your day ended well though! I know what you mean about debating the BDing, but sometimes you just have to!

    ReplyDelete