Thursday, January 7, 2010

Good Times, Good Times

Before I get started on this post, I need to give a little bit of background information:

For almost as long as I can remember, my best friend has been T. We first met when we were four years old and her family came to look at the next door neighbor's house that was for sale. We started playing outside while her parents looked through the house, and the rest is history - we have been best friends ever since! A year or two after high school, T moved about a four hour drive away. Even though we only get to see each other a few times a year, we are still good friends and I honestly think that we always will be.

Anyway, I got a surprise text message on Tuesday from T saying that she was coming into town for a few days and wanted to get together. I was stoked because the last time we saw each other was when I was down in her neck of the woods last February. We ended up getting together with a few other friends from high school last night, and it was seriously so much fun! We just went to dinner at Chili's, but it was so much fun to see everyone. T also brought her new baby boy, and it was fun to see and hold him. T had a m/c about a month before I did, but was fortunately able to get pg again quickly and now her son is about 3 months old. I was a little nervous that it would be hard for me to be around her baby, but it wasn't bad at all. He is so stinking cute and has the LONGEST eyelashes. It was such a fun evening and DH was a WAY good sport for coming along and listening to us reminisce.

On a lamer note, AF arrived in FULL force this morning. This may be TMI, but I got up with the dog around 1:30 and decided to pee. At that time, nothing seemed to really have changed. I was still spotting, but it wasn't bad, so I figured that my panty liner would be fine. Fast forward to this morning...I go to the bathroom and find that my underwear is soaked...compliments of AF. It seriously looked like she had tried to get my period all over in a matter of a few hours. Gross, I know. Fortunately, the cramping hasn't been too bad today and things have slowed down since this morning.

I am usually able to be somewhat optimistic about TTC during this point of my cycle. I have gotten over the disappointment of not being KU and am hopeful for things to come. But for some reason, I am already kind of "not feeling it" this time around. I don't know if it is because I thought that I was KU last time, or what. I go to the doctor to talk about options and "where we go from here" in a couple of weeks, so maybe that will help.

No comments:

Post a Comment