Monday, March 8, 2010

Getting Ready to Run...


...No, not a marathon, but at least a 5K! I figured that would be a good short term goal for me to look forward to. It is something that I know I will be able to accomplish and can be in control of. Plus, having the deadline to look forward to (the race is April 17) will help keep me on track with my exercise. I can run a 5K right now, so my goal is to improve my time and run it in under 35 minutes. We'll see how that goes. But, it is nice to have something positive to focus on besides TTC.

5 comments:

  1. Yep! Totally get that. I was into running back in 2007. I ran a 5K and then a 10K. I've never even considered another 10K, but I do want to get back into running. Good luck!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome!! Enjoy training and I hope you kick ass at the race!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi sweetie, just catching up. OMG I am so sorry about the chromosomal issue. That is so upsetting, you have every right to feel at least a bit negative about it. From what the doc has explained I think your chances will still be good with IVF and I will cross fingers and toes for you that insurance will cover it. I will also keep hoping for you that you don't have it. I had that tested after my very first m/c as my anxiety about future ones was so bad I insisted the doc did it. He didn't want to...they dont usually test anything here in Aus until your 3rd consecutive one. That sucks. I am so sorry this cycle was a bust as well. Bright side, our cycles will be close this month! AF is due for me any day now. So we can be cycle buddies (sort of!) I am so proud of you for doing the run!! That is amazing and an excellent goal. I can't even run that far. I am so annoyed at myself I've lost my motivation for excercise so I think you're going to inspire me to finally do something. Take care sweetie!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it! As a fellow runner, I hope it goes well for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome! I've been running for almost a year now and I love it. I did two 5k's and a 10k last year. I'm currently getting ready for another 10k on May 1st. Wish you the best of luck!

    ReplyDelete